Sensorial Room n°2 (China)
Sensorial Room n°2 is a bicephalous and semi-transparent work that rests on a mirror of water. The sculptural whole, which includes a cast metal shell, water and a pathway, is the result of a specific thought process wherein notions of landmark and border appear and disappear as one experiences the piece’s and the park’s entire course.
One enters the inside of the work via a walkway. For the sensitive observer, this entry induces a dream-like perception of the world, a distant connection to our being and to our relationship to reality. The “interior/exterior” project rests on an interlocked vision of the empty and of the full and proposes a go full circle from the fixed to the moving, based on the male/female harmonic concept of the Taoist ying and yang.
Sensorial Room n°2 is located in a 61 acre park, a space conceived in its entirety by Jean-Bernard Métais. This entire work is inscribed in a sensorial landscaping approach and is an extension of the numerous sensorial chambers the artist has been working for the past dozen years.
Jurong is a Chinese city with a population of one million. It is internationally renowned by historians and Sinologists as the location of one of the largest archeological site in the world, dating back to 130 BC. The city is located 12 miles from Nankin, the former capital of China.
Sensorial Room n°2 is one of three monumental works of art that were commissioned to Jean-Bernard Métais in August 2012 by the city of Jurong. Both the work and the park were initially conceived of when the artist was given a "carte blanche" in January 2012.
All works are scheduled to be completed in part by the end of 2013 and then over the course of 2014.
Media: cast bronze and steel, light
Height: 11 meters, diameter: 9 meters, length: 26 meters.
Size of park: 61 acres.
Media: water, metal, stone, cement, grass lawn, trees, light.
Image (scale model): Jean-Bernard Métais.
juron 2114 par jbmetais https://vimeo.com/55512138
- Sensorial Room n°2 (China)
- Fluorescence (Japan)
- Alliance (2009) Cardiff (Wales)
- Litany (2007)
- The Wave (2007) Luxembourg
- Walking through Walls (2006) Luxembourg
- Allotted Time-Eclipse (1999-2002)
- The Halo (2002). Paris
- An Anthropological Structure of Imaginary (2005). Strasbourg
- Immersion (England)
- Vis à Vis (2013). France
- Create yourself...(2011) - Beijing (China)
- Temps Imparti 2 (2009). Le Mans (France)
- Clepsydra (2008)
- Duality (2011) Eu (France)
- Being-Names (2004)
- The Letter (2010) Equeurdreville (France)
- Cap d'Agde (France) 2009
- Chambre d'éclipse (2002) Donjon de Vez
- Corolla (temporary installation)
- Being-Word (2000)
- Sensorial Chamber (temporary installation).
- Memories (2000) Vannes (France)
- Catchers of Dreams - Bergen (Norway)
- Pollen - London (England)
- The Ring (2008). London
- Jussieu (France) 2009
- Stadion (2003). Salzburg
- Screen (2007). Liverpool (UK)
- Perth (Australia) 2009
- Vancouver (Canada) 2009